Meat Plant Maintenance Technician - Phoenix, AZ
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
Assist building Meat Plant Maintenance Associate in repairing and maintaining equipment, physical structures, plumbing, and electrical systems of industrial establishment.
- Clean and lubricate machine parts such as shafts, pulleys, gears, and bearings. Replace or repair machine belts and Cleans work area, tools, and equipment.
- Dismantle machines or equipment, replace defective parts and motors, and adjust feed mechanisms. Remove dust, dirt, grease, and waste material from machines and paint machines or equipment to prevent corrosion.
- Bend and cut conduit and wire, drills holes in walls, floors, and ceilings for electrical connections.
- Connect wire to motors, fixtures, and other electrical equipment, replace switches and fuses, and splice wire and insulate wire with appropriate material.
- Bend, cut, and thread pipe, cut openings in walls, ceilings, and floors for pipes, and seal pipe joints with sealing compound.
- Cut out and join parts for worktables, benches, shelves and other furnishings including repairing or replacing damaged racks in the Meat Plant.
- Patch or replace plaster or plaster board and paint walls, ceilings, and trim of building including clearing clogged drains, and replace plumbing fixtures.
- Operate welding machine to repair or join metal parts.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, or vocational training
- Six months related experience
- Must be able to understand all policies, procedures, instructions, rules and regulations (including all safety training and safety information) associated with this position which are written in English
Physical Demands: The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Job Reference #: 5588