Meat Plant General Production - Commerce City, CO
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 5199 Ivy St
- Meat Plant
- Location : City
- Commerce City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
Perform various production duties at Shamrock Foods Meat manufacturing facility.
- Understand and follow all GMP, HACCP, FQP and USDA requirements
- Understand and follow all company and plant policies (including plant safety policies)
- Perform all job duties in a timely manner to meet productivity goals
- Clean and sanitize filling equipment using cleaning chemicals and sanitizers. Clean and sanitize walls, ceilings and floors while utilizing cleaning chemicals and sanitizers as directed or required
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Perform any and or all job requirements: sanitation, wrapping, casing, palletizing, production coordination, meat cutting and other jobs as assigned
- Perform start-up, safety, quality, production and equipment checks and document results throughout the work day
- Perform sanitary equipment maintenance as per the preventative maintenance schedule or when directed by the supervisor
- Lube and/or grease equipment per preventative maintenance schedule or daily lube/greasing schedule.
- Place product in cases and/or palletize cased product
- Fill bulk containers with product and/or palletize bulk containers
- Receive and moved raw ingredients and raw materials
- Use the pallet jack and or forklift to move pallets of product and/or cases into and out of the plant.
- Work with others as part of team environment
- Evaluate and challenge processes and procedures to improve safety, quality, reduce losses, improve productivity and ensure an inspection ready facility.
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and three to six months related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work with percentages and fractions
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; Has the ability to problem-solve independently
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evening shifts, weekends, and holidays
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and occasionally climbs a ladder or works on a platform. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.