Meat Cutter - Commerce City, CO
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 5199 Ivy St
- Meat Plant
- Location : City
- Commerce City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
Cuts, trims, bones, ties, and grinds meats to portion and prepare meat in cooking form by performing the following duties.
- Cuts, trims, and bones carcass sections or prime cuts to reduce to cooking cuts such as roasts, steaks, chops, stew cubes, and grinding meat
- Cuts and weighs steaks and chops for individual servings
- Shapes and ties roasts
- Records quantity of meat received and issued to cutters
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Meat cutting experience required
- Experience with HRI standards preferred
- Must have the ability of using cutting utensils and running an electric pallet jack or forklift.
- Must be able to understand all policies, procedures, instructions, rules and regulations (including all safety training and safety information) associated with this position which are written in English
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Demands: The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.