Maintenance Technician (Dairy)
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Perform maintenance procedures at facilities and facilities equipment. To work with maintenance manager, use expertise to quickly diagnose problems and prevent excessive down time. Expected to help direct, train, and support other maintenance and production personnel.
- Repairs and maintains mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment such as metal fabricating machine tools, material handling systems, automated lubrication systems, and refrigeration equipment.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem area.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system.
- Realigns and adjusts components such as spindles and clutches.
- Locates damaged air and hydraulic pipes on machine, and measures, cuts, threads, and installs new pipe.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
- Repairs broken parts. Sets up and operates metal working tools such as lathe, drill press, or grinder, to make or repair parts.
- Modifies computer controls.
- Read and understand electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic prints.
- Operates welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Assists Mechanical Engineer to modify sketches or computer generated designs of machine components such as hydraulic system and drive mechanism.
- Maintenance of refrigeration equipment.
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2+ years of commercial or industrial maintenance related experience and/or training
- Must be available to work with the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.