Maintenance Technician 3; With a $5,000 Sign On Bonus
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 5199 Ivy St
- Location : City
- Commerce City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
We are currently offering a $5,000 Sign On Bonus for this position
Pay rate for this position is $30-35/hr and includes $800 annual tool allowance.
The Maintenance Technician 3 performs inspections and preventative and corrective maintenance procedures on material handling equipment including carton and pallet conveying equipment, cranes and physical building structures within our automated warehouse. (S)he performs diagnostics and uses formal documentation such as electrical prints and mechanical drawings.
- Diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair. Report any problems to lead or supervisor.
- Disassemble, inspect, and perform routine repairs and rebuilds defective parts on all equipment
- Assemble and test operate machine to verify correction of malfunction
- Maintain and lubricate machine tools and equipment
- Clean machines and paint machines or equipment to prevent corrosion
- Install or recharge batteries for any battery-powered equipment
- Perform basic electrical tasks such as replacing motors, fuses and switches
- Troubleshoot and repair material handling equipment including sorters, conveyers and cranes
- Identify problems requiring outside vendors and inform the lead or supervisor
- Perform evaluations of system critical devices such as speed sorter diverts, high speed scanners and wave management scanners
- Utilize Maximo computerized maintenance management system
- Monitor, report and document usage and replacement of equipment parts
- Replace defective parts with new parts or parts
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 4+ years of commercial or industrial maintenance related experience
- Knowledge of operation and safe storage practices of ARC and MIG welding equipment to include; OXY/ACETYLENE, and PLASMA welding and cutting
- Demonstrates working knowledge of shop tools such as a grinder, drill press, cutting torch and welding machine to repair or join metal parts
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Regularly stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Regularly reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, or crawl
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.