Maintenance Mechanic 2 (Nights)
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 5199 Ivy St
- Location : City
- Commerce City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Perform preventive maintenance procedures on all facilities and facilities equipment. To work with electromechanical technician and use your expertise to quickly diagnose problems and prevent excessive down time. Expected to help direct, train, and support the maintenance mechanic positions.
- Always Maintain a safe working environment. Report possible concerns to lead person or supervisor.
- Work independently and alongside the electromechanical technicians to trouble shoot and repair material handling equipment including sorters, conveyors, and cranes. Identify problems requiring outside vendors and inform the lead or supervisor.
- Performs preventive maintenance on material handling equipment, including daily systems inspections of mechanical and electrical components. Reports any problems to lead or supervisor.
- Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair.
- Dismantles machine or equipment to examine parts for defect or to remove defective part.
- Replaces defective part with new part or repairs or reproduces parts.
- Assembles and test operates machine to verify correction of malfunction. Maintains and lubricates machine tools and equipment.
- Trouble shoot, repair and perform preventive maintenance on power lift equipment, including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and high-pressure air systems.
- Monitor, report, and document the usage and replacement of equipment and parts.
- Performs preventive maintenance on facility; carpentry, plumbing, and electrical duties.
- Clean work areas as needed and at end of day. Return equipment and tools to shop at end of day.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3 - 5 years of mechanical, electrical, and general maintenance experience in a distribution center or industrial environment targeting one or more of the following: material handling equipment, power lift equipment, electronic / electrical installation and equipment diagnosis, or facilities maintenance.
- Certification and operations of ARC and MIG Welding equipment to include OXY/ACETYLENE and PLASMA, welding and cutting
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.