The Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring all plant equipment is operating at specification, all PMs are scheduled and conducted per schedule, and there is minimum unscheduled equipment downtime. S/he will support the implementation of major strategic initiatives and key business objectives.
- Manage and support the completion of all equipment and facility maintenance activities as measured by Preventive Maintenance schedule compliance and equipment downtime.
- Maintain a safe environment for all department functions as measured by the safety record, accident free days, lost time days, and total dollars spent.
- Ensure all equipment is working efficiently and supports energy management and utility cost control initiatives.
- Work with Senior leaders to create the maintenance budget and ensure ongoing adherence to budget as measured by variance to the budget.
- Administer the Computerized Maintenance Management System as measured by effective utilization of the system.
- Works closely with the engineering team on all Capital Projects to ensure proper installation and appropriate training takes place prior to the equipment or project being put into operation.
- Works closely with the Plant Manager to coordinate all maintenance activities to ensure all production target and customer service levels are being met as measured by the division key performance indicators.
- Ensure all maintenance personnel are properly trained to meet current and future maintenance organization demands as measured by skill assessments and that the maintenance team is adequately staffed.
- Ensure compliance for all governmental regulations as well as customer related inspections to include, USDA, FDA, OSHA, HASAP, AIS, Siliker, SQF (Level 3), State, County and Federal inspections as measured by actual and mock audit results.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering; six plus years of maintenance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 plus years of supervision/management experience
- Strong people skills
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong team approach to management.
- Strong commitment and established track record of processes documentation and improvement
- Working knowledge of industrial equipment utilization and maintenance in a production facility
- Working knowledge of reporting methods and tools for tracking and managing key performance metrics
- Fluent in software packages such as MS Office Suite (Project, Word, Excel) and Email
- Familiar with AutoCAD, Rockwell Automation software and CMMS
- Familiar with OSHA and EPA Requirements related to maintenance
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
Our Mission: At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to "treat associates like family and customers like friends."
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.