Logistics Planner - Phoenix, AZ
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Supply Chain
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
The Logistics Planner will work closely with the Logistics Manager to execute strategic routing plans and dynamic load planning. This position will interact with Logistics, Dairy Cold Room, Sales, & our Customers. The position will track inbound freight, pool points, freight consolidation and backhaul coordination and make recommended changed. The success of the position will be measured on service level, expense management, load factor, cost per pallet and cases per mile driven. Correct execution of this position will result in all freight and distribution cost being at the lowest levels possible while maximizing customer service.
- Load Planning using routing software and transportation management systems
- Asset Management
- DOT HOS Compliance
- Monitor compliance with local, state, federal safety, motor carrier, & environmental laws and regulations
- Budget and P/L Responsibility
- Review Carrier Contracts
- Knowledge of Freight Brokerage Processes
- Oversee Pool Points and Forward Warehousing.
- Monitor Developments and New Technologies in Supply Chain Logistics.
- Manage to Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Empty Miles, Fuel Cost Per mile, Cost Per Mile, Payload, Accessorial Costs, Miles, Dwell Time, Equipment Utilization (Hours), On Time Delivery and Temp Quality
- Develop & Implement Process Improvements
- Participate in scheduled meetings with Sales, Cold room, Distribution, Logistics, and Manufacturing.
- Other duties as required
5+ years of experience in Logistics Planning; Bachelor’s degree in logistics or business administration preferred; or a solid combination of education and experience
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Must be able to perform required functions within a cubicle environment that is not conducive to privacy or noise reduction
Must be physically capable of extensive computer operation and sitting for up to 9 hours per day
Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to the evenings, weekends, and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.