- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Supply Chain
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Logistics Planner will work closely with the Logistics Manager and OTR Supervisor to plan and execute strategic loads for our internal fleet. This position will interact with Logistics, Distribution, Dairy Cold Room, Sales & our Customers. The overall goal of the position will be to maximize both outbound and inbound revenue while limiting expenses, resulting in the greatest net profit without sacrificing safety and customer service. This role requires a high energy, self-motivated person with the ability to make decisions and solve problems in a fast paced and constantly shifting work environment.
- Load planning using routing software and transportation management systems
- Asset management
- DOT HOS Compliance
- Monitor compliance with local, state, federal safety, motor carrier, & environmental laws and regulations
- Budget and P/L responsibility
- Developing new customer accounts, while working in tandem with the team to achieve successful profitability
- Managing freight load boards
- Manage to Key Performance Indicators (KPI): Revenue/profit per mile and equipment utilization amongst others
- Knowledge of freight brokerage process including: Booking, securing and negotiating all aspects of loads
- Oversee pool points and forward warehousing
- Develop & implement process improvements
- Participate in scheduled meetings with Sales, Cold room, Distribution, Logistics, and Manufacturing
- Perform other duties as required
- 5+ years of experience in Transportation Industry; Bachelor's degree in logistics or supply chain preferred; or a solid combination of education and experience
- Experience in a 3PL managed transportation and customer service environment and an understanding of the business process and organizations within the scope of operations.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Must be able to perform required functions within a cubicle environment that is not conducive to privacy or noise reduction
- Must be physically capable of extensive computer operation and sitting for up to 9 hours per day
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to the evenings, weekends, and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.