- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 856 National Drive
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Loads, unloads, and moves materials in and out of trailers within or near plant, yard, or work site according to company standards.
- Reads work order and/or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, conveyors and shelves by hand
- Guides conveyor in and/or out of trailer as necessary to off load
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area
- Counts, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers as needed
- Uses RF hand held scanner and/or fixed computer station to enter data
- Loads truck for Industrial Truck Operator
- Stacks materials into trailer by stop sequence
- Clamps sections of portable conveyor together or places conveyor sections on blocks or boxes to facilitate movement of materials or products
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power pallet jack
- Assembles crates to contain products such as machine parts and unit items
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products
- Confirms temperature of trailer before loading
- Communicates with spotter on movement of trailers
- Communicates any special loading instructions to supervisor/lead
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.