Key Account Manager Dairy
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2702 W Encanto Blvd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Account Manager is responsible for the development and execution of sales strategies and plans for the Shamrock Farms portfolio across the state off Arizona. Accounts will include supermarkets, drug stores, military, mass merchandise, convenience stores, club stores and non-traditional retail. This includes development of new customers and management/penetration of existing customers.
- Deliver significant volume growth while maintaining continued growth in profitability.
- Identify and prioritize key sales opportunities at major retailers.
- Develop, direct, and manage strategic selling plan for the Shamrock Farms brand and sub-brands to drive Arizona expansion efforts.
- Work with the Director of Retail Sales to establish forecasts and manage to the individual objectives.
- Ensure execution of annual sales plan including identification of key customer targets that are aligned with the strategic marketing plan and meets overall divisional goals.
- Provide overall management and leadership to key retail accounts in territory.
- Maintain regular contacts with key retailers for the purpose of significantly improving Shamrock’s relationship and ensuring that programs are executed in a timely, high quality and value-added way.
- Develop sales presentations in conjunction with the ‘Trade and Category Management’ and ‘Marketing’ department.
- Development of annual sales and expense budgets for territory and manage to the approved budgets. Provide periodic reporting and analysis as needed.
- Develop annual trade plans for new and existing key accounts to drive objectives. This includes the sales of new product lines/sku’s, product expansion, promotional plan development, category management, trade show management, etc.
- Provide leadership and management of all territory-related retail driven proposals.
- Manage outside brokers as necessary.
- Provide pricing recommendations for accounts in territory.
- Conduct special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university and 5 years retail sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Dairy Experience (or beverage) is preferred.
- At least three years of experience in a sales leadership role
- Must be familiar with all processes associated in developing a private label programs with key retail accounts.
- Familiarization with completion of RFPs and bidding processes is a must.
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Current valid driver’s license
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.