Junior Account Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 5199 Ivy St
- Location : City
- Commerce City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Summary: The Junior Account Manager, National Accounts is responsible for selling Shamrock Foods products and services to National Foodservice accounts by fostering mutually beneficial relationships between Customers and Shamrock Foods, (S)he is responsible for managing all facets of the relationship with the Customer, ensuring maximum compliance with Contract, managing key margin and expense items, managing all aspects and types of Customer Transactions, and driving resolutions for issues associated with order entry, product mix, product delivery, pricing, sourcing and other Customer matters.
- Develops strategic relationships with customer base, including franchise owners/operators, by developing effective touch points (local, regional and corporate) and preparing for and performing business reviews that benefit both the customer and Shamrock.
- Supports the development and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals. Directs sales and profit forecasting and transactional activities to meet those goals.
- Increase customer revenue and profitability through developing and implementing new opportunities and increased penetration with current customers, with documented results
- Manages Inventory stocking levels for all Proprietary items
- Assists with resolutions for day-to-day issues for assigned accounts and all other accounts as needed.
- Assists in managing customer and vendor lead times to maximize inventory turn efficiency
- Makes recommendations for product mix, delivery issues, pricing, and sourcing requiring the ability to negotiate with corporate customers to an end resolution.
- Works in conjunction with the Business Development team to achieve business objectives.
- Assists in managing key performance indicators for assigned accounts, to ensure contract compliance and profitability.
- Prepares profitability reports and other reports designed to provide the National Accounts Management Team with information for negotiations, pricing changes, product mix changes, delivery window/day revisions.
- Assists in managing the key Margin and Expense items to assess the impact of activities and help drive positive results on customer P&L.
- Assists in managing transportation expense by adhering to customer contract and support of routing initiatives, and by managing recovery activities. Reduces expenses in the form of couriers, air freight and credits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree or higher, from College, University, Trade or Specialized training (i.e. culinary certificate).
- At least one year of foodservice distribution experience with increasing responsibility in the areas of account inventory management, material export, customer service, sales, purchasing or contract administration.
- Technical Skills with MS Office, various purchasing, pricing, and CRM software program experience
- Some travel required
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk up to 2 miles; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.