Jensen Colorado Branch Sales Specialist - Commerce City, CO
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 5199 Ivy St
- Location : City
- Commerce City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
Represents and sells products for Jensen Foods to the primary foodservice channels of restaurants, hotels/resorts, colleges/universities, and businesses/institutions. This role operates approximately 80% in the field and 20% in the office. This position works in a fast paced and ever changing environment where attention to detail, a strong sense of urgency, initiative and drive are extremely important to achieving company sales goals.
- Dedicates the bulk of time to FOS for the Branch, working with Sales to educate, support and increase sales.
- Meet and train customers based on thorough knowledge of the Jensen portfolio of products
- Pursues new business opportunities, Penetrates existing accounts to move them to Premium products and works a Protect strategy to keep existing business and prevent/regain lost business.
- Responsible to promote growth in sales/revenues to meet goals and surpass the Branch broadline growth
- Promotes our Premium line of products to move the Branch Mix to 23%
- Train new sales representatives on all aspects of Jensen Foods
- Track updates on progress and measure/evaluate performance
- Develop and implement strategic growth and retention plans for current and future Customers to accommodate Jensen goals
- Respond promptly to Customer and Sales concerns by phone and on-site visits and develop creative solutions for problems
- Represent Jensen and participate at Expo’s, GSM’s, Regional Showcases, Vendor Fairs, Orientation Classes and multiple PC meetings to promote products and create top of mind awareness.
- Meet with key clients, maintaining relationships and developing the opportunity to increase span and tier in each venue
- Work with Business Review team to ensure that customers are fully supported.
- Work with Branch Leadership to be highly visible and to support their goals and initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 year minimum Foodservice Sales or related experience in the Specialty category field
- Bachelors Degree from a four year university preferred
- Current driver’s license and auto insurance required
- Mathematic Skills: must be able to calculate amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages
- Ability to read and interpret reporting. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must live in or near to assigned territory or be willing to relocate
- Must be able to work independently and be highly motivated self starter
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including strong follow up abilities
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.