- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Summary: Coordinates activities with sales and sales support teams to increase sales and GP in specified market. Work with vendors and sales to educate, support and increase sales in specified category. Train and educate customers and sales team on product lines. Work with Sales Enablement team to ensure that customers are fully supported.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, and other resources
- Responsible to promote growth in sales/revenues in assigned category
- Coordinate activities with production/purchasing to ensure proper execution of customers specifications
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features
- Attend required customer and company scheduled meetings
- Train new sales representatives on all aspects of assigned category
- Participation in Food Shows/Expos and represent the company at trade association meetings to promote product
- Effectively interact with customer base and perform customer tours as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Daily Job Functions
- Daily and weekly communication to sales by e-mail, phone messages, flyers, etc… for the Italian category.
- Constantly arranging and updating Italian catalog for both DSRs and customers to utilize
- Work with DSRs daily on customer calls to help drive the Italian category in case and sales growth
- Attend multiple District Sales Meetings per month
- Attend and participate in all General Sales Meetings
- Proactively identify and qualify new & lost business leads with input from DSRs, District Sales Managers and Regional Sales Managers
- Prospects and develops profitable new & lost customers using a systematic approach which includes customer potential / stratification.
- Work with purchasing daily to ensure proper products are stocked at the right cost from the correct vendors.
- Track updates on progress and measure/evaluate performance
Additional Italian Category job functions
- Source product from right vendors to help drive category
- Review lines to keep current with industry trends
- Develop strategy to work with brokers and PLC committee to add and/or remove proper products
- Work with Vendors to ensure success at all EXPO’s and Regional Vendor Fairs
- Work with Shamrock Marketing Department to help drive POS and promotions of Italian category
- Help coordinate all New Item launch for Italian category
- Work with Marketing to help develop all marketing material pertaining to the category
- 3 year minimum Foodservice Sales or related experience
- Bachelors Degree from a four year university preferred
- Current driver’s license and auto insurance required
- Must have extensive Italian category and general foodservice knowledge
- Mathematic Skills: must be able to calculate amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages
- Ability to read and interpret; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must live in or near to assigned territory or be willing to relocate
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6476