IT Project Manager - Phoenix, AZ
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Information Systems
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
The core responsibility of the Project Manager is on-time, on-budget and on-scope delivery of projects within IT Infrastructure and across IT portfolios, actively driving all aspects of projects to completion. This position holds primary responsibility for projects staying on schedule while delivering quality functionality to business users and keeping all stakeholders informed of the appropriate project details.
- Take a leadership role on all assigned projects, keeping teams motivated and generating/maintaining project momentum.
- Work to resolve conflicts within project teams and clear roadblocks to allow success.
- Project Planning and Execution of Multiple Projects
- Work with business leaders to define and control project scope, requirements gathering, schedules and budgets, assessing and managing project scope to maximize probability of success
- Identify and assess stakeholders both inside and outside the project and own the communication to those stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Documentation/Communication of project milestones, open issues, decisions and risks
- Document project requirements and manage the prioritization and organization of those requirements throughout the life of the project
- Coordinate with appropriate internal/external resources to acquire needed resources
- Complete risk assessments and create/implement mitigation plans
- Hold regular tollgate meetings with key resource and stakeholders
- Coordinate project deployment/implementation activities and documentation
- Contribute to problem identification and potential solutions
- Coordinate with other Project Managers as well as Portfolio Managers/Directors on cross-portfolio projects.
- Weekly project scorecards
- Monthly detailed project status reports
- Maintenance of Resource Management data
- Coordinate with Portfolio manager on capacity management/planning for project
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor Level Degree and 5 years Project Management Experience
- PMI/Equivalent certification or an additional 5 years of experience required
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Extraordinary leadership abilities with exemplary teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint and Project
- Individual must be flexible as position will require out of town travel including multiple nights’ duration and participation in an after hours/weekend problem resolution on call schedule.
- Experience working with custom software development team and managing multiple projects simultaneously, up to 3
- Strong consensus building skills
- Agile development methodologies
- Multi-site implementations
- BPI/Six Sigma Experience
- Strong knowledge of IT applications, and IT infrastructure technologies including ERP, CRM, Cloud, Storage, Networks, Compute and Information Security
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Job Reference #: 5351