Inventory Control Specialist
- Requisition ID
- Foodservice Warehouse
- Location : City
- Colorado Springs
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Summary: The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for maintaining accurate values and inventory counts for all merchandise, supplies, and equipment in his/her assigned store.
- Manage the receiving processes; compute inventory balances, price and cost
- Conduct inventory audits/cycle counts and compare inventories to records including sales orders and purchase invoices. Investigate and report reasons for discrepancies.
- Prepare all inventory reports including inventory balances, price lists and shortages
- Stock and issue materials and merchandise updating the inventory management system appropriately
- Maintain a safe and compliant working environment
- Other duties as assigned.
- 6+ months retail experience, working in a retail environment; preferable in a grocery or club store.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Degree preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 100lbs; frequently lift and/or more up to 50 lbs.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to "treat associates like family and customers like friends."
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6415