Inventory Control Specialist - Day Shift
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
These are day shift positions!
This position is responsible for compiling and maintaining records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies stocked in establishment.
- Reporting any accidents, injuries, malfunctions on equipment, and safety issues and/or unsafe practices immediately to a Supervisor.
- Counting material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts totals to inventory records.
- Comparing inventories to office records or computes figures from records such as sales orders, production records, or purchase invoices to obtain current inventory.
- Verifying clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation or count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies.
- Compiling information on receipt or disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, and computes inventory balance, price, and cost.
- Preparing reports such as inventory balance, price lists, and shortages.
- Preparing list of depleted items and recommends survey of defective or unusable items.
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to work in various temperature controlled zones ranging from -5 F to ambient temperature
- Regularly standing and walking
- Reaching with hands and arms to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- In some areas, tasting and smelling are required.
- Regularly lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds.
- Frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Close, distance, color and peripheral vision
- Depth perception
- The ability to adjust focus
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.