Inventory Control Manager I
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 5199 Ivy St
- Location : City
- Commerce City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
This position is responsible for the inventory integrity and asset control within the warehouse environment. This includes ensuring accurate inventory levels, control of shrink and adherence to inventory processes and controls while coordinating with the Operations team. The role will identify, communicate and implement solutions for improving overall warehouse operations related to inventory accuracy and integrity. (S)he is also responsible for ensuring compliance to GMP's, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements and all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure quality of receiving, stocking, and shipping processes through analysis and development of strategies for dealing with trends.
- Reviewing cycle count and dump transactions and analyze for compliance with current policies and procedures as well as monitoring root cause analysis to mitigate any problems.
- Assign and monitor inventory control projects which will provide greater efficiency to the department utilizing tools such as LEAN, DMAIC and JDI.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to share best practices and guidelines for handling inventory management issues (e.g., daily procedures, cycle counts, physical inventory).
- Reviewing performance of new items and take action to eliminate underperforming SKU’s and prevent financial losses.
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in business management, logistics, supply chain or another related field. Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- A minimum of four years related experience in inventory control and at least 2 years of experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Strong analytical and database management skills.
- Strong organization, planning, and tactical execution abilities.
- Familiarity with the Purchasing and Warehouse Management Systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- Foodservice or manufacturing experience a plus.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, and holidays.
Salary of $60,000 to $95,000, depending on competency, experience, qualifications and skills.
Discretionary bonus eligible, based upon individual and company performance
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.