Inventory Control Clerk
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
Compiles and maintains records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies stocked in establishment by performing the following duties.
- Report any accidents, injuries, malfunctions on equipment, and safety issues and/or unsafe practices immediately to a Supervisor.
- Must obey all signs and lock out / tag out devices.
- Operate only the equipment you have been trained to operate. Be aware of your surroundings at all times. Pay attention to where you place your feet and hands
- Dress appropriately (abide by company dress code), wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Use proper body mechanics at all times to help prevent injuries.
- Basic computer skills and ability to follow directions as instructed by PkMS tasking.
- Counts material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts totals to inventory records.
- Compares inventories to office records or computes figures from records such as sales orders, production records, or purchase invoices to obtain current inventory.
- Verifies clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation or count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies.
- Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, and computes inventory balance, price, and cost.
- Prepares reports such as inventory balance, price lists, and shortages.
- Prepares list of depleted items and recommends survey of defective or unusable items.
- Stocks and issues materials or merchandise.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to work in various temperature controlled zones ranging from -5 F to ambient temperature
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Job Reference #: 5496