Inventory Control Captain
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 5199 Ivy St
- Location : City
- Commerce City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Inventory Control Captain is responsible for directing all support aspects of the Inventory Control Team. Primary focus is minimizing Outs and investigating inventory discrepancies that would negatively affect shipping. Responsibilities will include assignments in the warehouse.
- Monitor Outs boards and research all Outs.
- Direct Inventory Control associates to find 'missing' product as applicable. Measured by Outs reports.
- Take necessary steps to make product available for shipping.
- Generate and monitor all applicable reports for Team.
- Create and administer cycle counts per task list. Monitor task list to ensure all items completed as needed. Measured by cycle count reports.
- Direct and assist associates to map aisles as assigned. Measured by task checklist.
- Responsible for completing all demand transfers of product for night shipping. (As related to Status 10's and Outs). Measured by Demand Transfer report.
- Receive JIT after hours as back-up to Inbound Team. Monitor JIT receiving and production. Ensure timely deliveries for shipping. Correct errors as appropriate.
- 'Close' routes as appropriate.
- Monitor Status 10 cases as applicable and direct research for resolution. Measured by status 10 reports.
- Monitor and audit catch weight entries. Insure all catch weights are done correctly. Communicate all discrepancies to Dock Captains.
- Creates and updates inventory procedures (as required) for all related processes, as measured by internal audits.
- Create, monitor and assist in administration of Inventory Control Task List as applicable.
- Ensures work area is clean, sanitary and free of debris.
- Reports any and all unsafe act or conditions immediately to a manager.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of the food service business and warehouse transaction processing.
- Familiarity with the Adage Business System (sales, purchasing, and accounting) and Warehouse Management Systems is strongly preferred.
- Reporting methods, tools: Word, Excel, Email, Business Intelligence (BI), Adage, PKMS, Allpoints, Golden.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evening shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to work in various temperature controlled zones ranging from -5 F to ambient temperature.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.