Industrial Maintenance ASRS Technician
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Performs inspection, preventative and corrective maintenance procedures on material handling equipment to include but not limited to carton conveying equipment, pallet conveying equipment, cranes, and physical building structures within our automated warehouse.Works independently on tasks, but also works as part of a team on work or projects as designated by the lead or supervisor. Performs diagnostics and uses formal documentation i.e., electrical prints, mechanical drawings to analyze, improve and repair equipment.Adheres to all maintenance safe work practices and maintains a safe working environment at all times.
- Diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair. Reports any problems to lead or supervisor.
- Disassembles, inspects, and performs routine repairs and rebuilds defective parts on all equipment
- Assembles and test operates machine to verify correction of malfunction.
- Maintains and lubricates machine tools and equipment
- Cleans machines, and may paint machines or equipment to prevent corrosion.
- Install or recharge batteries for any battery-powered equipment.
- Knowledge of operation and safe storage practices of ARC and MIG welding equipment to include; OXY/ACETYLENE, and PLASMA welding and cutting.
Level II - All of the above plus:
- Performs basic electrical tasks associated with but not limited to replacing motors, fuses, and switches.
- Knowledge of operation and safe storage practices of ARC and MIG welding equipment to include; OXY/ACETYLENE and PLASMA welding and cutting.
Level III - All of the above plus:
- Troubleshoot and repair material handling equipment including sorters, conveyors, and cranes.
- Identify problems requiring outside vendors and inform the lead or supervisor.
- Performs evaluations of system critical devices such as high speed sorter diverts, high speed scanners, wave management scanners, etc
- Utilize the Maximo computerized maintenance management system. Monitors, reports, and documents the usage and replacement of equipment and parts
- Replaces defective part with new part or repairs or reproduces parts.
- Troubleshoot, repair and perform preventive maintenance on power lift equipment, including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and high pressure air systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance on facility; carpentry, plumbing, and electrical duties.
- Hands on practical operation of and safe storage practices of ARC and MIG welding equipment to include; OXY/ACETYLENE, and PLASMA welding and cutting.
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); required for all ASRS Maintenance positions plus the following step requirements for level.
- Level 1 requires six months of commercial or industrial maintenance related experience
- Level II requires two years of commercial or industrial maintenance related experience
- Level II requires five years related experience or equivalent combination in mechanical, electrical, and general maintenance in a distribution center or industrial environment targeting one or more of the following: material handling equipment, power lift equipment, electronic / electrical installation and equipment diagnosis, or facilities maintenance.
- Operates shop tools such as a grinder, drill press, cutting torch and welding machine to repair or join metal parts.
- Adheres to all maintenance safe work practices and maintains a safe working environment at all times.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 7288