Inbound Scheduling Supervisor
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Supply Chain
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Scheduling Supervisor leads a small team in a fast paced environment. This team coordinates with operations, purchasing, and logistics stakeholders to maintain optimal inbound flow to distribution centers to maximize operational efficiency and maintain customer service levels, while maintaining carrier satisfaction. This is accomplished through the maintenance and proper utilization of Shamrock Food Company’s freight scheduling tool and detailed communication with multiple stakeholders both inside and outside the enterprise.
- Ensure all inbound freight exceptions are scheduled in the most efficient manner and manage all escalations from the Inbound Scheduling Coordinators to resolve issues efficiently and meet Customer and Vendor requirements
- Monitor Logistics Help Desk performance against KPI scorecards and report monthly
- Monitor day to day volume fluctuations and manage them within defined limits. Coordinate with demand planning group purchasing as required to change PO schedules or make other adjustments to meet KPIs.
- For each location, coordinate with IT to ensure system setups are maintained to meet location requirements and facility constraints.
- Leads quarterly meetings with each operating branch to review site setup for improvement opportunities. Monitor effects of any adjustments
- Propose site improvements based on carrier feedback
- Troubleshoot problems with system and recommend solutions to vendors and stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1+ years of Supervisory experience
- 2+ years experience in logistics scheduling using Freight Scheduling programs (e.g. Managed Receiving, LMS Intelibound, Retalix Smart Dock)
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office Suite. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- High attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of time
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6749