Human Resources Intern
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 856 National Drive
- Human Resources
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
As a Human Resources Intern with Shamrock Foods Company, you will be gaining experience in general HR functions within a large enterprise. This internship is open for immediate hire.
- Provide support for the human resources team in an accurate and timely manner
- Cultivate positive engagement with employees
- Lead new hire orientation and onboarding
- Coach and consult with managers regarding employee relations
- Assist in administering workers' comp claims
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ year(s) educational experience and currently pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university with a focus on Human Resources, Communications, Psychology, Business or related field
- Maintains a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must live in or near Sacramento, California
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Demonstrates expertise in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment
- Effective task management
- High level of motivation and adaptability
- Great attitude and desire to learn and grow
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.