HTST Filler Operator
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Filler Operator – HTST has a primary responsibility to run and maintain fillers and other related equipment. (S)he operates continuous flow equipment to process milk, cream, and other beverage products, following specified methods and formulas. (S)he is responsible for quality, food safety and product specifications.
- Clean, set-up, operate and monitor equipment of the production line.
- Operates ingredients distribution feeder.
- Complete all required documentation and scheduled quality checks.
- Monitor weights, seals, caps, and general packaging of product.
- Make adjustments to filler timing and filling, & check mat as needed.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties.
- Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance testing.
- Ensure that the proper packaging materials are used for each product being produced.
- Perform filler and filler line changeovers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete cleaning checklist once line has completed run.
- Prepare equipment for next run to include size changes as needed.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Applied Science Manufacturing Technology or related field, and 1+ years of experience working in a food manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Dairy/beverage experience preferred
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to work in various temperature controlled zones ranging from cold to hot
- Fluency in English; speak, read and write
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.