Healthcare Menu Specialist
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Business Services
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Shamrock Healthcare Menu Specialist is responsible for building and maintaining Shamrock Foods’ Healthcare Menu Program. Shamrock Foods’ web-based menu program provides customers with cycle and service menus, recipes and additional tools to help with the success of their foodservice operation.
- Menu creation and development. Menus include, but are not limited to: regional, holiday, seasonal, cycle, and customized per-patient-day (PPD) menus.
- Recipe creation and development, including therapeutic diet accommodations.
- Ensure ingredients and recipes in menu system have appropriate allergens and nutritional information.
- Provide customer support and technical assistance for menu customers: menu customization, placing orders, inventory management, and resident management.
- Maintenance of Shamrock Menu Ingredient Database: adding and adjusting nutrition information; item substitutions; item and recipe weights and measures; consolidation of like items (based on following criteria: nutrition, allergens, meat/poultry cuts, size of product, quality of product, pack size)
- Content management, foreseen maintenance, and resolving technical difficulties in all menu areas: cycle and service menus, ordering, purchasing, reports, and resident and inventory management.
- Create and maintain end-user training literature.
- Provide in-person or teleconference end-user training for program customers on how to navigate menu program platform.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Food and/or Nutrition related field required
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist preferred
- Must possess or be able to rapidly develop strong system knowledge and awareness.
- Must possess or have the aptitude to learn strong proficiency in culinary math skills: calculating cost yields, nutrition yields, portion sizing of recipes, and measurement conversions.
- Demonstrated knowledge in clinical nutrition and/or food distribution is a plus.
- The successful candidate will have solid quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to work in a team setting, drive team results and support change management within the organization. Must possess or be able to rapidly develop a strong knowledge of products within assigned categories.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Proficiency required in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Excel
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.