Grocery Courtesy Associate
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 460 S Lipan St
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Starting Pay Rate: $17/hour!
The Grocery Courtesy Associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, and accurately executing customer check-out processes as well as efficiently stocking products and maintaining the cleanliness of the retail store.
- Provide excellent customer service through all engagement activities in the store
- Accurately execute check-out processes including weighing of items, bagging merchandise and redeeming promotional coupons. Records prices and departments, subtotals taxable items and totals purchases on cash register.
- Executes cash balancing processes for the cash drawer flawlessly, including balancing drawer at the end of shift.
- Keeps shelves appropriately stocked and maintains presentation of merchandised product. Maintain pricing accuracy of all products
- Assist in the maintenance of a clean and safe environment
- Move carts from various areas of the store or parking lot to the cart corrals
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prohibited from operating any power equipment or tools
- 16 years of age or older
- High school diploma preferred, but not required
- Good verbal communication skills, especially listening and answering questions
- Strength and stamina to stand and walk for extended periods
- Knowledge of the layout of the store and the location of products on the sales floor
- Basic literacy and math skills sufficient to perform tasks such as reading labels and counting items
- Excellent customer service skills
- Warm and persuasive personality to guide customers in selecting products for purchase
- Willingness to participate in on-the-job training and occasional staff meetings
- Prior sales or customer service experienced an advantage
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.