Gold Canyon Meat Senior Buyer
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Meat Plant
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Senior Buyer is responsible for the coordination and negotiation of the key commodity items they are responsible to procure but not limited to Fresh Red Meat, Pork, Poultry, Veal, and Lamb. The Senior Buyer is responsible for professional and timely communication with internal and external customers. Communications across divisional lines and with key customers is a critical element in this position. The Senior Buyer is responsible for order fill, inventory levels and flow, correct product PO cost, and achieving the company goals in these areas. The Senior Buyer supports activities, related strategies, and planning to achieve objectives involving purchasing, vendor payment, storage of product, communicating market conditions, forward buys and taking market gains where appropriate. This position requires an individual capable of multitasking and project prioritization. This position requires highly detailed and precise execution.
- Meet established goals for Order Fill measured by daily lost sales within the Gold Canyon Company
- Meet established Inventory level requirements measured by percent of inventory
- Manage SKU count measured by total SKU’s, aged inventory, and slow moving items within the Gold Canyon Company
- Manage cost of goods through vendor management, opportunity buys, forward buys, commodity purchases, and cost of freight
- Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes
- Various record keeping
- Daily Inventory
- Aim to achieve defined Service Level Goals
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years related experience
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email)
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6210