Gold Canyon Meat Quality Assurance Technician
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 5199 Ivy St
- Meat Plant
- Location : City
- Commerce City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
This position is responsible for maintaining all aspects of Quality Assurance to ensure proper, safe and exceptional operation of the department.
- Audits products for quality and safety prior to sending out to customers.
- Audits incoming raw materials for supplier specifications, quality, and food security.
- Reviews incoming ingredients for allergen checks and quality standards.
- Responsible for compliance with all regulations. Food Safety – plant in proper sanitary condition at all times, including allergen control, pest control, guidelines followed.
- Fills out necessary paperwork for product audits and HACCP documents.
- Reviews HACCP documents prior to handing paperwork to QA Supervisor/Manager.
- Work with operational teams daily with paperwork, quality checks, and HACCP procedures.
- Ensure adherence to all standard work processes, including the Production Sanitation processes.
- Aides in plant training requirements and training frequencies. Work with QA Supervisor/ Manager to ensure plant training requirements and frequencies are met. Conduct plant training sessions as needed.
- Maintain understanding of processes and functional interdependencies. Recognize and escalate, as needed, those issues identified as risks to, or opportunities to improve, plant performance.
- Must be able to work within timelines and in pressure situations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Meat Protein Experience
- HACCP certified, preferred
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to "treat associates like family and customers like friends."
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.