Gold Canyon Meat Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Meat Plant
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Supervise daily plant manufacturing activities to ensure: a safe work place, all products produced meet product specifications, efficient practices and process are being utilized at all times and all waste is identified and corrected as it occurs.
- Effectively lead and coordinate all plant manufacturing activities during scheduled shift.
- Thorough knowledge of plant safety requirements. Actively engage plant floor associates to work safely and comply with all safety requirements.
- Knowledge of HACCP and plant floor CCPs and pre-requisite programs. Ensure associate compliance to HACCP requirements.
- Knowledge of QCP and plant floor QCPs and pre-requisite programs. Ensure associate compliance to QCP requirements.
- Review and verify all plant floor documentation is accurate each shift. Take corrective action when documentation is not compliant to ensure proper corrective actions are implemented.
- Knowledge of USDA requirements. Ensure associate compliance to USDA requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of plant work rules and GMPs. Ensure associate compliance to all work rules and GMPs.
- Distribute daily production schedule and provide necessary support and resources to ensure compliance to production schedule at all plant work locations.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize process improvement tools. e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, Root Cause Analysis, 5S, etc. Support process improvement initiatives and lead process improvement projects as required.
- Work closely with plant maintenance personnel to support reduced maintenance downtime.
- Continuously identify and correct all areas of waste on the plant floor: e.g. Labor, Material, Defects, etc.
- Perform weekly Area of Responsibility audits. Develop and own corrective action plans to address defects.
- Create documented personal and team goals. Develop plans and take necessary initiative to meet personal and team goals.
- Ensure plant floor associate completion of scheduled sanitary PMs.
- Thorough knowledge of SOP’s, SSOP’s and training material development and implementation for meat plant, seafood and poultry operations.
- Oversee training and development of plant floor associates. Provide corrective/disciplinary action as necessary to improve associate performance.
- Work with Shamrock HR group to ensure compliance to Federal, State and Shamrock HR requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of related experience and/or bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from an accredited college preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven ability to effect change, identify opportunities, research solutions, request resources, sustain results, and share learnings
- Strong team approach, communication and people skills
- Technical skills:
- Reporting methods, tools
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- High school diploma or GED or 10 years of experience or combination of education and experience within meat production/processing environment.
- Two years’ experience with Ground Beef products.
- Must be proficient in data entry and basic computer knowledge
- Must have the ability running an electric pallet jack or forklift.
- Must be able to understand all policies, procedures, instructions, rules and regulations (including all safety training and safety information) associated with this position which are written in English
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.