Gold Canyon Meat Company Operations Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Meat Plant
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Operations Manager is responsible for the development of operations strategy, planning, and staff development to effectively lead and coordinate all aspects of all Gold Canyon Meat companies’ operations. Including: production planning, scheduling, warehousing, meat cutting operation, ground beef operation, poultry operations and finished product storage and distribution, all manufacturing operations/processes, regulatory, safety, and security compliance, personnel oversight and team development, plant facilities engineering and development.
- Directs and oversees manufacturing and warehouse operations, for all Gold Canyon Meat Co. manufacturing facilities.
- Drives operational planning to fulfill customer demand while maintaining overall cost effectiveness.
- Oversees development of Capital Asset Planning that provides for current and future facilities and equipment requirements and keeps the business unit current with technology advances.
- Develops manufacturing processes and production schedules that increases profit while reducing overhead.
- Develops and implements strategies to improve the organization's financial performance and competitive positioning through continuous improvement of all related processes.
- Create policies to maintain safety standards and ensure a safe work environment for all Gold Canyon Meat Co. associates.
- Contributes to operational strategic planning, direction, and goal setting for the organization.
- Identifies, recruits and retains strong talent. Creates accountability; provides clear direction; sets and monitors high standards of excellence; rewards people based on performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field and 7 years of manufacturing experience or combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Plant / Operations Manager.
- Thorough knowledge of plant safety, OSHA, and HACCP requirements
- Thorough understanding of budgeting and cost control.
- Proven track record of improved results in the areas of quality, safety, service and cost.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer based applications.
- Knowledge and experience with 5S/Lean/Six Sigma or World Class Manufacturing
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6908