Gold Canyon Meat Co Production Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Meat Plant
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Gold Canyon Meat Co Production Manager is responsible to effectively lead and coordinate all aspects of Meat plant operations, including: production planning, scheduling, incoming packaging and ingredient receiving, warehousing, meat cutting operation, ground beef operation, poultry operations and finished product warehousing and transfer to Shamrock Foods locations.
- Drive financial performance in the areas of direct and indirect labor, manufacturing overhead cost, and inventory levels. Review production costs and product quality and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
- Drive the production processes to meet schedule by managing and monitoring equipment operation, and associate assignments and performance.
- Manage product yields and ensure products meet defined specifications
- Supervise and coordinate all cutting and grinding operations to meet customer demand
- Serve as a liaison between operations and sales
- Monitor adherence to a master sanitation program and assure tasks are being completed.
- Communicate clear expectations to associates and develop resolutions when expectations are not being met.
- Monitor and manage employee work schedules and coordinates breaks
- Ensure that proper GMP & housekeeping procedures are followed plant-wide as outlined by Shamrock Quality Dept. and that the plant is ready for inspections from USDA, vendors, internal and external customers at all times. Serves as a liaison with the USDA
- Ensure execution and enforcement of company HACCP program
- Deliver daily manufacturing summaries highlighting accomplishments, quality, risks, and issues for each shift.
- Work closely with maintenance to minimize downtime by scheduling special assignments, assist during breakdowns and be proactive with PMs.
- Manage inventory transfers and rotations
- Plan, communicate and monitor raw material needs per production demand.
- Develop and maintain plant safety awareness.
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures for production duties and lead meetings when assigned.
- Support the company's operational priorities by looking for ways to improve Safety, Quality, Waste Reduction, and Productivity.
- Assist and partner with business leaders on implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean), including leading change initiatives, planning, and facilitation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field and 5 years of manufacturing experience or combination of education and experience
- 2+ years' experience as a Production Manager.
- Thorough knowledge of plant safety, OSHA, and HACCP requirements
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Thorough understanding of budgeting and cost control.
- Proven track record of improved results in the areas of quality, safety, service and cost.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer based applications.
- Knowledge and experience with 5S/Lean/World Class Manufacturing preferred
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 7307