- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Supply Chain
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Freight Analyst will analyze complex transportation networks and recommend optimal solutions to maximize freight income and / or reduce total cost to serve. The freight analyst will be a key contributor in assessing company and market trends auditing carrier cost and performance and building out analytical tool that drive better visibility and insight into business performance. This position will require a highly motivated, driven, analytical, and creative individual, willing to take initiative.
This role collaborates with cross-functional teams such as Sales, Purchasing / Planning, Category Management, Marketing and Account Management. The role will also support general data and reporting projects across the total Supply Chain and will work within a team of other data analysts.
• Leverage data analysis across different business areas.
• Identify areas for growth and efficiency in freight income, fuel charges, or other market advantages
• Ideate future projects and strategic actions to positively impact business performance.
• Create dashboards, scorecards, and reports to regularly communicate results, define and monitor KPIs, and present findings to leadership.
• Ability to work with big data, clean, prepare for the proper statistical model, and conduct thorough and accurate analysis.
• Assist in the preparation for the recurring Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) meeting cadence and ensure process and staff are identifying opportunities for business improvement for presentation at the monthly Executive Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) review.
• Manage supply-chain optimization; inventory and network analysis, lead vendor conversion analysis, support merchandizing analysis, support category management RPI/RFPs and new customer analysis.
• TMS and dock scheduling functional user, capable of managing systems set-up, training and proper use.
• Develop and implement process improvements (consolidated truckloads, scorecards, group vendor audits).
• Engage directly with key supplier partners, Demand Planning, Supply Planning and Category Management on identified inbound supply opportunities.
• Help craft Supply Chain strategy and tactics, primarily in the Logistics & Transportation Space.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required; BS in Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations, Data Analytics, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, engineering or related preferred.
• 3+ years of experience in Supply Chain with a focus on Demand disciplines or related field.
• Preferred Industry Certification in Supply Chain [ie: APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), APICS Certified in Logistics, Transportation, and Distribution (CLTD)].
• Experienced with Excel (Vlookups, Pivots, Macros, What-If analysis, and any other basic functions).
• Strong Analytical experience in MS Office, Business Intelligence, Tableau, Decisions Tools Suite, Power BI, etc.
• Preferred proficiency in SQL or other scripting language.
• Ability to work with large data sets and strong mathematical background.
• Experience with Logistics software and Supply Chain ERP a plus.
• Understanding of DOT and HOS regulations and policies a plus.
• Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which is generally limited to week days but may be subject to evenings or weekends due to project or department needs.
• Must be able to travel for annual events; <10% of time.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.