Forklift Mechanic $5,000 Sign On Bonus
We are currently offering a $5,000 Sign On Bonus for this position.
Pay Range: $22-35/hr
Multiple shifts available 5AM start and 1 PM start
Repairs and maintains electrical, propane and gasoline industrial trucks such as Barrett, Crown and Raymond by performing the following duties.
- Reads job orders and observes and listens to truck in operation to determine malfunction and plan work procedures
- Disassembles, inspects and performs repairs and rebuilds of defective parts on electric, propane or gasoline powered industrial equipment including but not limited to such components as ignition systems, front wheel alignment, power trains, hydraulics, and fuel systems
- Operates metalworking machines, such as a lathe, milling machine, and punch press, to fabricate housings, fittings, jigs, and fixtures, and verifies dimensions
- Tests assembled instruments for circuit continuity and operational reliability and repairs or replaces electrical components, such as resistors, capacitors, solenoids and other various electronic components
- Installs changes or recharges batteries
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements; Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and makes adjustments
- Lubricates moving parts and operates repaired equipment to verify conformance to manufacturer specifications
- Operates welder, grinder, and drill press to fabricate special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 5 years related experience and/or training; Certified in fork-lift maintenance through technical training courses is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certified and skilled in fork-lift operation
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
Our Mission: At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.