Food Safety and Compliance Manager -Verona, VA
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 318 Mill Place Parkway
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
Serve as multi-site (Phoenix AZ, Verona VA, Brighton CO) Food Safety and Regulatory Compliance Manager. Responsible for the development and maintenance of all Food Safety and Food Quality programs to include FSMA, HACCP, SQF, and GMP. Work with production facilities to develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure continued compliance with all regulatory, FSMA, PMO, CFR, SQF Certification, third party and customer requirements. Work with cross departmental operational groups in the development of process improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives.
Develop FSMA Preventative Controls policy and protocols to ensure compliance against FDA mandates with specific requirements of
- Update facility GMP requirements to current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs)
- Serve as multi-facility SQF Practitioner
- Develop Food Safety Plan
- Conduct facility hazard evaluation/analysis
- Develop and implement preventive controls
- Document preventive control monitoring and oversight
- Document deviations and corrective actions
- Document and verify supply chain program
- Verify recall plan effectiveness
Develop and validate SQF program procedures and policies.
Conduct SQF review and plant audits to ensure compliance with SQF Code.
Maintain compliance with customer and third party audit requirements.
Coordinate all regulatory, customer, and third party audits as required and oversee implementation of corrective actions.
Communicate inspection/audit results to both operations and quality department management. Maintain plant quality systems in compliance with regulatory and customer requirements.
Ensure all products are received, packaged, and distributed according to regulatory food safety and quality guidelines.
Lead process improvement initiatives with focus on improvement of facility safety, consumer satisfaction, plant efficiencies and reduction in material loss.
Provide aid in the development of food safety and regulatory compliance training programs. Audit the effectiveness of training programs to ensure compliance against GMP and quality protocols.
Visit and confer with representatives of ingredient and packaging suppliers to obtain information related to vendor quality standards. Work with purchasing manager to ensure vendor management program includes quality review for all suppliers.
Work with R&D in the development of new product formulations and label compliance review. Ensure food safety and quality review prior to introduction of new products.
Set plant training requirements and training frequencies. Work with Sr. Director of Quality Assurance and facility Quality Managers to ensure plant training requirements and frequencies are met. Conduct plant training sessions as needed.
Travel requirements 20% - 25%.
Coordinate with quality manager in the supervision of employees as required. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; and 4 plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Maintain laboratory certifications as required by Federal, State, & Local regulatory agencies. Ability to complete FSMA PCQI, HACCP Manager Certification, SQF Practitioner Certification, and SQF Auditor Certification.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to management and employees.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.