Fleet Technician Leadman
- Requisition ID
- Location : City
- Commerce City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Performs preventive and corrective maintenance repairs on Shamrock Fleet vehicles; including but not limited to Truck Tractors, Trucks, Refrigerated Trailers and other Fleet vehicles.
- Shift Leader, supervision responsibilities for other Technicians on the assigned shift.
- Responsible for assigning work to the Technicians on their shift.
- Responsible for all assigned work on their shift is completed efficiently and safely.
- Insures paperwork from the assigned shift is completed completely and accurately.
- Communicates with the Foreman and other Leadmen regarding all completed shift work and all carry over work to be performed.
- Answers telephone and monitors all road breakdowns.
- Communicates with any and all divisions as necessary regarding the status of repairs.
- Performs routine Preventative Maintenance (PM’s) for all Fleet vehicles.
- Inspect, analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and perform repairs for Heavy Duty Truck Tractors, Trucks and Trailers.
- Disassembly, repair and re-assembly of Heavy Tuck & Trailer components; including but not limited to; diesel engines, transmissions, axles and any other components or systems.
- Perform Mobile Fleet repairs; either on Shamrock property or while performing emergency roadside repairs, utilizing a Fleet Mobile repair vehicle.
- Driving of Tractor/Trailers and or Trucks for purposes of test drives and/or the return of vehicles to the various Shamrock division facilities.
- Properly using and maintaining company tools while performing repairs and when not familiar with operation asking for instruction/direction from a Supervisor.
- Cleaning up their assigned work area after each job.
- Washing or fueling of trucks as required.
- Basic facility repairs & company tool repairs as required.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment at all times, reporting any safety concerns or un-safe tool conditions to any other Fleet Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Five (5) years related experience and knowledge in a Heavy-Duty Truck repair environment. Including but not limited to; Private Fleet, Truck Dealership, Full Service Leasing Company or Government Sector.
- The candidate must be at least 21 years of age. Must have a clean driving record for past 39 months.
- Ability to operate and interpret industry standard diagnostic software for Heavy Duty Trucks, Tractors & Trailers.
- Candidate must provide all hand tools and tool boxes (lockable) required to perform the Essential Duties and Responsibilities as described above.
- CDL A Preferred.
- Must be able to obtain CDL A License within a 6-month period.
- Candidate must have working knowledge of all Federal, State and Local DOT Safety Regulations as it applies to Fleet Maintenance. The candidate must have strong communication and organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those tat must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and/or arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 7509