Fleet Technician I
- Requisition ID
- Location : City
- Commerce City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Performs preventive and corrective maintenance repairs on Shamrock Fleet vehicles; including but not limited to Truck Tractors, Trucks, Refrigerated Trailers and other Fleet vehicles.
- All of the Fleet Technicians are required to perform the basic tasks of; performing routine Preventative Maintenance (PM's) for all Fleet vehicles.
- Inspect, analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and perform repairs for Heavy Duty Truck Tractors, Trucks and Trailers.
- Disassembly, repair and re-assembly of Heavy Tuck & Trailer components; including but not limited to; diesel engines, transmissions, axles and any other components or systems.
- Cleaning up their assigned work area after each job, Washing or fueling of trucks as required, Basic facility repairs & company tool repairs as required.
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment at all times, reporting any safety concerns or un-safe tool conditions to Shift Lead or Fleet Supervisor.
- Driving of Tractor/Trailers and/or Trucks for purposes of test drives and/or the return of vehicles to the various Shamrock division facilities.
- Properly using and maintaining company tools while performing repairs and when not familiar with operation asking for instruction/direction from a Supervisor.
- Other duties as required
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Level II - Three (3) years related experience in a Heavy Duty Truck repair environment. Including but not limited to; Private Fleet, Truck Dealership, Full Service Leasing Company or Government Sector.
- Level III - Five (5) years related experience and knowledge in a Heavy Duty Truck repair environment. Including but not limited to; Private Fleet, Truck Dealership, Full Service Leasing Company or Government Sector.
- All levels of Fleet Technician must provide all hand tools and tool boxes (lockable) required to perform the Essential Duties and Responsibilities as described above.
- Shifts may vary. Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department; which are subject to evenings, weekends, holidays
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 5783