Fleet Technician 1 - Phoenix, AZ
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2150 N. 28th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
Performs preventive and corrective maintenance repairs on Shamrock Fleet vehicles; including but not limited to Truck Tractors, Trucks, Refrigerated Trailers and other Fleet vehicles.
- All of the Fleet Technicians are required to perform the basic tasks of; performing routine Preventative Maintenance (PM's) for all Fleet vehicles.
- Inspect, analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and perform repairs for Heavy Duty Truck Tractors, Trucks and Trailers.
- Disassembly, repair and re-assembly of Heavy Tuck & Trailer components; including but not limited to; diesel engines, transmissions, axles and any other components or systems.
- Cleaning up their assigned work area after each job, Washing or fueling of trucks as required, Basic facility repairs & company tool repairs as required.
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment at all times, reporting any safety concerns or un-safe tool conditions to Shift Lead or Fleet Supervisor.
- Driving of Tractor/Trailers and/or Trucks for purposes of test drives and/or the return of vehicles to the various Shamrock division facilities.
- Properly using and maintaining company tools while performing repairs and when not familiar with operation asking for instruction/direction from a Supervisor.
- Other duties as required
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Level II - Three (3) years related experience in a Heavy Duty Truck repair environment. Including but not limited to; Private Fleet, Truck Dealership, Full Service Leasing Company or Government Sector.
- Level III - Five (5) years related experience and knowledge in a Heavy Duty Truck repair environment. Including but not limited to; Private Fleet, Truck Dealership, Full Service Leasing Company or Government Sector.
- All levels of Fleet Technician must provide all hand tools and tool boxes (lockable) required to perform the Essential Duties and Responsibilities as described above.
- Shifts may vary. Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department; which are subject to evenings, weekends, holidays
Physical Demands: The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.