- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Financial Accountant is responsible for analyzing financial information, preparing journal entries, preparing financial reports and maintaining financial records in an accurate and timely manner. All assigned accounts will be updated, reconciled and maintain no high balances on account.
- Manage the vendor receivables aging for assigned vendors to ensure vendor billings are deducted and vendor payments applied accurately within payment terms
- Research and analyze discrepancies in vendor billings compared to program contract and coordinate corrective action
- Audit system program tracking against vendor contract to identify recapture under billings (includes Net Cost Worksheet preparation and uploads)
- Research and analyze vendor repays for reserve entries
- Prepare journal entries and support accounting close
- Complete monthly account reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage vendor samples and return to vendor requests
- Research and prepare credit memos
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting from four-year College or University.
- One to three years of relevant accounting experience
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and switch gears seamlessly.
- Must be able to handle stress well.
- Proven ability to prioritize workload, multi task and problem solve is a must in this position.
- Strong people skills is a must in this position.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6953