Finance Manager - AZ
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Coordinates and reports all accounting activity for the respective Broadline Branch location
Management responsibilities for the day-to-day Accounting activities, including route settlement, general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and inventory credit and returns
- Serve as business partner to branch management
- Lead business unit month-end analysis of financial results by developing a detailed understanding of the business, providing explanations for variances and recommend action plans
- Provide financial analysis of business units within the campus facility
- Translate and communicate analysis and data into actionable information for business leaders
- Develop technical expertise in analytical tools and techniques and serve as a resource to others
- Lead the annual budgeting process for business unit
- Develop and maintain financial planning models to support the business, such as development of models for 3 to 5 year strategic plans, and capital investment analysis
- Evaluate financial forecasting tools (currently in Microsoft Excel), and develop recommendations for improving the process;
- Participate in the evaluation of any new financial planning tools to support the forecasting and budgeting processes
- Develop a consistent benchmarking review against industry and competitor data
- Manage and maintain communication and good working relationships with business unit and headquarters
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance, and 5+ years of related experience; candidate must have 1+ years of managerial experience; MBA or CPA is a plus
- MUST have experience in foodservice or food company
- Proven ability to analyze and translate data into actionable information
- Strong analytical skills (Excel, Access, Business Intelligence and data mining)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet month-end, budget and other deadlines
- Proven ability to prioritize workload, multi task and problem solve
- Must have effective communication skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists;
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 7003