Farms Tour Support (Seasonal - Part-Time)
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 40034 West Clayton Road
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Serves as primary cashier in Welcome Center Barn including Tour Check, Merchandise Store and Ice Cream Parlor.
Seasonal position – tours open October – May. Hours may vary (1-3 tours on scheduled work days). For more information regarding the Shamrock Farms Farm Tour experience, visit shamrockfarms.net.
- Handles merchandise transactions and sales including managing check out and selling items
- Record department sales as well as be knowledgeable about item pricing, inventory, etc.
- Stocks shelves and marks prices on items accurately
- Counts money in cash drawer at beginning and end of work shift
- Handles Ice Cream Parlor duties including scooping ice cream, passing out novelties, preparing hot dogs and pretzels, etc.
- Assist with handing out milks to school and public visitors.
- Light cleaning as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exceptional customer service and strong people skills
- Strong verbal / written communication skills
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Status: Part Time, Seasonal
Job Reference #: 6425