Farms Tour Guide (Seasonal), Stanfield, AZ
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 40034 West Clayton Road
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Shamrock Farm Tour Guide will give a guided tour (scripted tour messages provided) throughout Shamrock Farms working dairy farm. The Tour Guide will be required to learn information as it relates to the Farm and Shamrock Farms in order to give visitors a knowledgeable, safe and fun tour.
Seasonal position – tours open October – May. Hours may vary (1-3 tours on scheduled work days). For more information regarding the Shamrock Farms Farm Tour experience, visit shamrockfarms.net.
- Provide guided tours for scheduled groups including schools and the general public.
- Provide excellent customer service throughout Farm Tour visitors experience in the Welcome Center and on tour including but not limited to: answering visitor questions, directing them through the Welcome Center and continually monitoring visitors to ensure all needs are met and rules are being followed, etc.
- Become an expert on the Farm as it relates to tour elements as well as Shamrock Farms Dairy (processing and products).
- Follow “opening and closing procedures” every day a tour is operating for both the Welcome Barn and tour route elements.
- Required to manage Welcome Center Barn operations and computer software including Tour Check-In, Merchandise Store and Ice Cream Parlor duties.
- Other duties may be assigned, such as organizing and cleaning Merchandise Store, Kitchen, Picnic and all other areas of the Welcome Center Barn and assist in executing special events.
- Strong internal and external service orientation.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to appropriately respond to these and, where needed, provide reports, presentations, information or communications in English.
- Must be Proficient in computer applications including Internet/e-mail. Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- High degree of professionalism and strong internal and external orientation.
The employee occasionally works in high places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and caustic chemicals and must frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 6609