Farm Tour Operations Lead (Seasonal)
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 40034 West Clayton Road
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Seasonal position – tours open October – May. Hours may vary (1-3 tours on scheduled work days). For more information regarding the Shamrock Farms Farm Tour experience, visit shamrockfarms.net.
Welcome Barn and Tour Operations Support
- Work with Maintenance and Facility Supervisor to ensure proper tour flow and operations during tour operating days
- On-site duties at Farm tour during all tour operating days
- Lead and oversee all special events and/or special tours or venue requests including consumer events as assigned
Welcome Barn/Tour Route
- Check in visitors under Farm Tour Reservations online reservations system
- Serve as host/hostess of merchandise store and actively sell merchandise and handle sales transaction on cash register
- Reservations support as needed, e.g., answering phones and inputting data into online reservations system
- Support ice cream parlor duties as needed including preparing lunch items, e.g., hot dogs, scooping ice cream, etc.
- Assist in Welcome Barn tour functions such as corralling people to Tour Check In and distributing milk at end of the tour
- Light cleaning responsibilities
- Responsible for Farm Tour cash management including opening and closing cash drawers, and providing daily register summary reports to accounting and marketing
- Provide invoices to Dairy Marketing for coding and payment
- Support payroll functions as needed
- Manage all Farm Tour supplies and food ordering including cleaning supplies, operational and/or food supplies, flags, bracelets, ice cream and milk
- Work with Facility Supervisor on any technology or barn/tour/tram operational issue and work together to resolve immediately
- High school diploma or GED; with one to three years Customer Service and/or Marketing experience preferred and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of basic to intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Become an expert on the Farm as it relates to tour elements as well as Shamrock Farms Dairy (processing and products)
- Excellent verbal communication skills, comfortable in front of groups, strong public speaker
- Comfortable on computer and dealing with reservations and merchandise systems
- Strong internal and external service orientation with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to work with minimal direction; highly motivated/high degree of self-initiative
- Excellent team player and contribute to building a positive team spirit with a Strong sense of accountability; goes the extra mile
- Demonstrates attention to detail while identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner
- Understand position limits, knowing when to escalate tour complaints/matters
- Excellent Customer Service skills and responds to difficult or emotional customer situations promptly
- Respond professionally to questions, service and assistance while maintaining a positive demeanor at all times
- Adapt to changes in the work environment
- Follow instructions, responds to management direction
The employee occasionally works in high places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and caustic chemicals and must frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 6138