Farm Production Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 40034 West Clayton Road
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Farms Production manager directs production activities of workers engaged in the production are by performing the following duties
- Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 70 – 90 associates on the Farm and responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work, performance appraisals, rewarding and disciplining associates, addressing complaints, and resolving issues
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers and assigns duties
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performances, and quality of product
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew
- Analyze and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Initiates or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals
- Maintain time and production records
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments
- Sets up machines and equipment
- Performs activities of associates supervised
- Other duties may be assigned
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent working knowledge of associated industry and regulatory guidance documents
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to successfully supervise and manage workforce, contractors and vendors through positive motivation of individuals and teams
- Must be willing to work the demands of the Farms which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.