Farm Maintenance Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 40034 West Clayton Road
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring the facilities are operating at specification, all preventative maintenance is scheduled and conducted per schedule, all required parts inventory are available, and there is minimum unscheduled facility downtime. They will support the implementation of major strategic initiatives and key business objectives.
- Manage and support the completion of all facility maintenance activities as measured by the preventive maintenance schedule
- Maintain a safe environment for all department functions as measured by the safety record, accident-free days, lost time days, and total dollars spent
- Ensure facility is working efficiently and supports energy management and utility cost control initiatives
- Work with inventory management to develop and maintain preventive maintenance master schedules, task lists, spare parts listings, and equipment vendor lists to ensure adequate stock of all needed preventative maintenance supplies.
- Ensure proper and accurate parts inventory levels to perform preventative maintenance on schedule.
- Work closely with the Farm Manager to coordinate all maintenance activities to ensure all production target and customer service levels are being met as measured by the division key performance indicators.
- Ensure all maintenance personnel are properly trained to meet current and future maintenance demands as measured by skill assessments and that the maintenance team is adequately staffed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering preferred; six plus years of maintenance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 plus years of supervision/management experience
- Fluent Spanish a plus
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong team approach to management.
- Strong commitment and established track record of processes documentation and improvement
- Technical skills
- Skills in multiple trades such as welding, plumbing, and electrical
- Working knowledge of Maximo software, a plus
- Fluent in software packages such as MS Office Suite (Project, Word, Excel) and Email
- Familiar with OSHA and EPA Requirements related to maintenance
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Frequently walking, standing, sitting, squatting, stooping, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, and reaching above shoulder height
- Outside work environment temperature ranging from 32 to 110
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.