Facilities Maintenance (Days)
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
This is dayshift position working Monday - Friday
Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in commercial or industrial establishments by performing the following duties.
- Report all malfunctions on equipment, and safety issues and/or unsafe practices immediately.
- Stop all observed unsafe activity and contact a supervisor immediately.
- Must obey all signs and lock out / tag out devices.
- Must be aware of your surroundings at all times. Pay attention to where feet and hands are placed.
- Report any accidents or injuries immediately.
- Operate only the equipment you have been trained to operate.
- Dress appropriately (abide by company dress code), wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Stretch before starting work. Use proper body mechanics at all times to help prevent injuries.
- Dismantle machines or equipment, replace defective parts and motors.
- Clean and lubricate machine parts such as shafts, pulleys, gears, and bearings. Replace or repair machine belts.
- Remove dust, dirt, grease, and waste material from machines.
- Paint machines, equipment or building structures to prevent corrosion.
- Bend and cut conduit and wire, drills holes in walls, floors, and ceilings for electrical connections.
- Connect wire to motors, fixtures, and other electrical equipment, replace switches and fuses, and splice wire and insulate wire with appropriate material.
- Bend, cut, and thread pipe, cut openings in walls, ceilings, and floors for pipes, and seal pipe joints with sealing compound.
- Cut out and join parts for worktables, benches, shelves and other furnishings.
- Patch or replace plaster or plaster board and paint walls, ceilings, and trim of building.
- Clear clogged drains and replace plumbing fixtures.
- Able to operate welding machine to repair or join metal parts.
- Repair or replace damaged racks in warehouse.
- Cleans work area, tools, and equipment. Performs other routine duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.