ESL Pasteurizer Operator, Verona, VA
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 318 Mill Place Parkway
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
Run UHT and related processing equipment, with quality being the major concern. Be able to be a team member and work with others.
- Operate UHT (cleaning, sterilizing, running) and associated equipment (homogenizer, tanks, CIP system, sterile air system, sterile lines and valves)
- Complete paper work and maintaining records (charts, CIP logs, sanitation logs, production logs, and other needed documentation), Efficiently be able to change from one product to another.
- Draw product samples to ensure products meet all specifications for further lab analysis and packaging
- Communicate closely with the ESL Filler Operators to provide efficient filler operations.
- Transfer and handle chemicals in a safe manner.
- Maintaining work area to meet high standards of sanitation and ready for inspection at all times.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 1 month related experience
- High school Diploma/GED preferred
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and calculate amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Must be able to work in various temperature controlled zones ranging from cold to hot
- Shifts may vary. Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department; which are subject to evenings, weekends, holidays
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and occasionally climbs a ladder or works on a platform. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.