ESL Packaging Operator
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Run and maintain production equipment such as sleevers, case packers, de-palletizers and other related equipment with in the ESL Plant, with quality being the major concern. Be able to effectively work in a team environment and communicate (verbal and written) with people on a professional level. Contributes to overall department production goals, maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Closely monitor the dairy production process and make adjustments to equipment as necessary
- Accurately prepare & maintain all area paperwork
- Monitor weights, seals, caps, sleeves, finished product cases, palletized product and other general packaging items in the process
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties
- Reassemble equipment after maintenance, clean up, and changeovers
- Ensure concentrations are taken with each CIP. Monitoring flow & temperature
- Perform PM’s, line changeovers, and environmental cleanup in a safe and efficient manner.
- Follow Quality Assurance standards and collect required samples needed for QA testing
- 100% compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices including wearing all PPE Wash hands constantly / Change gloves
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-month related experience or training
- High school Diploma/GED preferred
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to work in various temperature-controlled zones ranging from -5 F to ambient temperature
- Shifts may vary. Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department; which are subject to evenings, weekends, holidays
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.