Enterprise Support Buyer - Phoenix, AZ
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Supply Chain
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
The Enterprise Support Buyer manages Critical Elements of the Buyers Daily Focus including: expected out of stock items for specific Buyers, supports IMA conversions, sets up item codes, communicates new EA items, matches confirmations with purchase orders, procures product by vendor, geographic area, or customer for a single distribution location. The Support Buyer is responsible for professional and timely communication with internal and external customers in addition to securing and assisting carriers & vendors with scheduling dock appointments within the required delivery dates. The Support Buyer is responsible for order fill, inventory levels and flow, correct product PO cost, and achieving the company goals in these areas. The Support Buyer supports activities, related strategies, and planning to achieve objectives involving purchasing, vendor payment, and storage of product. This position will be responsible for buying a limited amount of SKU's and the product purchased will be limited in complexity.
- Assist buyers in achieving defined Service Level Goals for both the Branch and Enterprise Customers.
- Work to meet or exceed inventory level requirements measured by defined overall inventory, 90 and 28 Day Inventory.
- Purchases a limited SKU count and maintains defined service level and inventory goals.
- Manage SKU count measured by total SKU's, aged inventory, and slow moving items for he Enterprise.
- Manage cost of goods through vendor management, opportunity buys, commodity purchases, and cost of freight for the Enterprise.
- Manage multiple software systems such as, Onbase, Adage, eForms, Sales Communicator, Clarity and Microsoft Office Suite in order to meet or exceed company initiatives and support of multiple buyers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from college or university; or 2 years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Accounting / Finance experience and or education is accepted.
- Must receive level one purchasing training and passed the associated test within 90 days of hire.
- Must receive continued training and testing to continue to Buyer and Enterprise Buyer positions.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to calculate figures i.e. add, subtract, multiply in whole number, decimals, and fractions. Able to calculate amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demand of the department which are subject to evening, weekends, and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Job Reference #: 5404