Enterprise Produce Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
We are an industry leader in produce sales mix in the broadline sector with a strong focus on produce as the “Center of the Plate”. In the role of Enterprise Produce Manager, you will work under the direction of the Director of Produce and be responsible for driving growth in our produce category, managing our produce sales specialists, servicing our customers and sales representatives, and acting as a liaison between the growers and our organization. In this exciting and dynamic environment, every day will be different as you market our produce and drive achievement to meet our enterprise sales goals, working as a team with the product sales specialists in each region, growers, procurement team, QC organization, sales representatives and our customers. Become an ambassador for Shamrock Foods as you continue to learn and grow with us in an environment that is challenging and offers opportunity.
- Keep produce as a leading category and meet all company goals and objectives for sales, margin and customer service under direction of Director of Produce. Know the market and continuously demonstrate points of differentiation in what we bring versus our competitors.
- Control the product through the product life cycles to optimize profits and meet marketing, financial and corporate growth objectives. Achieve dump/shrink goals set by the Enterprise. Manage SKU rationalization to ensure right product mix for each region.
- Work with procurement to ensure the right product mix to support Markon initiatives set by the Enterprise. Regularly review and set processes in place for proper handling and storage.
- Manage the process to competitively complete all RFP’s and bids to win desired business; restaurants, schools, military, healthcare and institutions.
- Develop reports and demonstrate execution of produce strategies for Director of Produce.
- Execute go-to-market strategy developed by Director of Produce, working closely with both existing and potential customers. Develop and market product POS for both internal and external customers. Drive new product rollouts including design and execution of all promotional activities.
- Evangelize our products in all settings with customers and sales representatives, bringing confidence to both the buy and the sell around quality and fair pricing. Be the face of the product for major sales opportunities including the Shamrock Expos and Regional Shows.
- Be a coach and mentor for the Produce Sales Specialists. Lead training and provide resources to maximize sales performance. Demonstrate ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, sales representatives, buyers, grower shippers and managers.
- Direct Emerald Express Desk scheduling and SOP’s. Ensure the team is effectively and accurately communicating to sales representatives and procurement. Manage the P&L and drive growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Self-motivated, high energy, goal orientated individual with a passion for the produce category.
- Be a dynamic communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience or equlivlant expeirence; Culinary experience is a plus.
- Specific produce knowledge; must include growing regions, seasonality, food safety and specialty produce, and the dynamics of each region.
- Experience with purchasing, produce quality control and marketing strongly desired.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing to travel.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6544