Enterprise Engineering Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Enterprise Engineering Manager plans, directs, and coordinates all site activities concerned with the design, procurement, modification, repair and maintenance of all equipment, building, and refrigeration systems associated with all food service distribution facilities located in various cities. This position will provide the technical expertise to maintain and improve all aspects of distribution center systems including the ability to develop and maintain SCADA systems, various motion and photoelectric control applications, and AC/DC drive systems. This position will provide direction, coaching, guidance, and development for the site maintenance staff and is responsible for the development and administration of the sites equipment/building maintenance budget and capital improvement program.
- Directs staff to troubleshoot all mechanical and electrical issues including various motion controls, multi-axis servos, SCADA systems, AC/DC drives, electronics, pneumatics, and photoelectric/laser controls.
- Reviews existing processes and recommends innovative methods for improving utilization of the equipment, the maintenance personnel, and other resources.
- Responsible for all equipment and facility maintenance activities for the site and establishes standards and practices for all aspects of the equipment design, operation and repair as measured by Preventive Maintenance compliance and equipment downtime.
- Manages the design and construction of facility projects.
- Responsible for the planning and administration of the equipment and facility maintenance budget as measured by variance to the budget.
- Coordinates and effectively communicates all maintenance activities with other departments to ensure that the Enterprise objectives are being met.
- Communicates with senior level management as needed providing information pertaining to the facility maintenance and capital projects.
- Develops, manages, and implements department goals and objectives.
- Ensures that the site maintenance department is properly staffed and that all maintenance staff are properly trained to meet current and future maintenance organization demands.
- Responsible for administration of the merit program for all site maintenance staff and evaluates department and individual employee performance as measured by retention and assessment against the local job market.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal codes related to safe maintenance work practices as measured through internal department compliance audits and safety records.
- Responsible for administration of the CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) and spare parts inventory as measured by effective utilization of CMMS and effective management of spare parts inventory.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred
- 10+ years of equipment and building maintenance experience within an industrial setting
- 5+ years in MHE Management
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including the understanding of principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment related to the design and use of industrial equipment, controls, and automation.
- Excellent working knowledge of associated industry and regulatory guidance documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to successfully supervise and manage technicians, contractors, and vendors through positive motivation of individuals and teams.
- Working knowledge of reporting methods and tools for tracking and managing key performance indicators.
- Fluent in software packages such as MS Office Suite (Project, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Familiar with AutoCAD and CMMS.
- Working knowledge of ammonia refrigeration systems and the governing regulatory standards for ammonia refrigeration systems. RETA operator level certification preferred.
- Proven ability to manage large scale maintenance budgets and capital projects.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
Our Mission: At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.